Coming inside the doors of a new church can be a leap of faith for many people, even if they’ve been going to church for a long time. Please know that you are welcome...and we hope you will make St. James your spiritual home. Here are some things to know about us.
- St. James is a part of the Episcopal Church of the United States, and a part of the Angelican communion.
Non-Christians visitors and seekers are welcome.
- We are located about half a block from the village green, 9 Williams St., Clinton, New York - map... and parking...
- Our worship services are Sundays, 9:30am and Saturdays, 4pm. Most young families come to the Sunday service.
- Our usual worship service has Communion at each sevice.
- All baptized Christians of any denomination are welcome to receive Communion.
- Dress as you feel appropriate. Most of our worshipers wear "dress casual" with men in long pants and button or polo-style shirt, and women in dress pants or dresses. Some wear jeans; others sportscoats and a tie. Our church is not air-conditioned; dress to stay cool in the summer months.
- We LOVE KIDS! We have a nursery for babies and infants. All children are welcomed to attend our Sunday School. Children are also welcomed to stay with their families during the entire service.
- After most Sunday services, we gather in the Parish Hall for coffee hour (cookies and juice als0). Wine and cheese fellowship follows some Saturday services. These, along with other events, help build community.